Loren is the Marketing Director for Serendipity Media.
What’s your favorite part of your job?
I often tell people that I could not have written a better position for myself. I am a geek when it comes to communication—messaging, branding, voice. In my former job, I worked in brand experience, and I knew I wanted to move more into a space of written, spoken and presented communication.
At Serendipity, I help clients define their brands. I enjoy and welcome the opportunity and challenge of being creative, yet logistical. I take pride in writing copy and finding vulnerability in marketing. It’s fascinating to see what resonates, and it’s exciting to think in new ways, creating change and evoking reaction … every day.
What do you love most about working with Serendipity Media’s clients?
I love the discovery and the results, the “beginning and end” of a working relationship. When I begin working with a client, I conduct a discovery session. During our discovery, I ask several questions pertaining to their “why,” their perceptions and their audience. It’s interesting to peel to back the layers and get to the heart of what a client wants to convey. And of course, when the results of our efforts are successful, I love a good celebration, prompting me to ask: “What’s next?!”
What are your top tips for businesses and companies?
In no particular order:
- Know your audience … really know your audience.
- Take time to reflect on the reasons you’re passionate about your business or brand. What is it that causes you to react emotionally, and how can you turn that into marketing that resonates with your audience?
- Be consistent in your branding across all mediums and all platforms—this is what will build brand awareness.
- Identify and focus on the goal of each marketing piece. It’s easy to “get caught in the weeds” and hung up on details that may not matter. Ask yourself what really matters and what is going to drive action—focus on that, do more of that.
- Hire Serendipity Media. We’re unique in our approach and our team is made up of design, writing, marketing and sales experts. We’ll help you get the leads, communicate messages, become known and make an impact.
In a game of truth or dare, which are you more likely to pick and why?
Truth. I am an open book. My life is a collection of fascinating stories that I am happy to share. I would much rather chat than perform a silly dare. I’ll make you laugh, but I’m not here to shout at strangers or wear a Bigfoot costume into a store (in my twenties, absolutely. But I’m grown now. LOL)!
What’s your go-to drink?
Prosecco or Champagne. Give me all the bubbles and make me feel fabulous!
It’s the weekend! What are you typically doing on a Friday night?
26-year-old Loren: Going to a boutique and buying a fabulous outfit. Taking at least two hours to get ready while listening to the hottest songs of the time. Going out with my girls until the wee hours of the night.
36-year-old Loren: Putting on pajamas as soon as I get home from work. Attempting to put my toddlers to bed at a reasonable time. Making a pot of coffee and diving into my graduate work (Go Green!) … until the wee hours of the night.