Ashley is a Media Sales and Operations Coordinator and Media Consultant at Serendipity Media.
How long have you been with Serendipity Media?
Just over 2.5 years! Time flies!
What’s your favorite part of your job?
Getting to work with all of our departments on a daily basis—sales, marketing, production and editorial—and seeing our hard work come to fruition through our clients’ successes. No two days are the same! Not to mention … We really do have an incredible team of amazing women here at Serendipity Media.
What do you love most about working with Serendipity Media clients?
As a media consultant and coordinator, I really enjoy working with all of our advertisers and learning about their destination, business, lifestyle, goals, etc. It’s eye opening to connect with people all over the country and to be able to get the word out about everything they have to offer!
As a West Michigan Woman event sponsor and coordinator, it’s really inspiring to work with our event sponsors and to volunteer at events. It’s awesome to see our community come together for fundraising, networking and as a support system for other women.
What are your top three tips for businesses and companies?
- Never stop changing the way you market yourself. Changing your strategy keeps things fresh; consult a professional, do your research and then go for it!
- Be bold. Take a stance. Be straightforward and honest about what you offer and about your company values.
- Enjoy what you do and let it show! If you energize those around you, people will enjoy working with you.
In a game of truth or dare, which are your more likely to pick and why?
I’m an open and honest person by nature, so definitely dare. I like a challenge!
What’s your go-to drink?
My go-to drink depends on the season or event! Typically I’ll go with red wine or gin and soda. If it’s a craft beer type of thing, I stick with IPA’s!
It’s the weekend! What are you typically doing on a Friday night?
On Friday night I’m either doing one of two things, both on opposite ends of the spectrum:
- Spending time with friends or family, whether it’s at our local happy hour spot or checking out one of the many new restaurants or breweries in the Grand Rapids area.
- Spending the entire evening at home in my pajamas cooking a nice meal with a glass of wine, watching a movie and being super lazy.